July 19 IAM Online: The Future of Federated Identity, or Whither SAML?
Join us for this presentation by Eve Maler, an expert on emerging identity and security at Forrester Research. She will discuss her thoughts on SAML, the use cases it hasn't answered well, and what has filled that gap. Thursday, July 19, at 1 pm EDT. See www.incommon.org/iamonline for details on joining the webinar.
Quest Software Joins Affiliate Program
Quest Software, a global software company offering products that target common IT challenges, has joined the InCommon Affiliate program. Quest One Identity Solutions makes identity management and access governance more efficient and effective for public sector organizations.
The Affiliate Program provides the research and education community with a way to safely and efficiently connect with partners that can help build the necessary underlying infrastructure to participate in this federation.
New Research & Scholarship Services
The Research & Scholarship Category has added two new services:
The category makes onboarding simpler, with an IdP releasing a minimal set of attributes to the category. See the federation info pages for a complete list of R&S SPs.
New Certificate Service Subscribers
Welcome to new InCommon Certificate Service subscribers. These institutions bring the total to 182 subscribers:
- Northern Kentucky University
- Owens College
- Quinnipiac University
- Rowan University
- University of Nebraska-Omaha
- University of Oklahoma
New Participants in June
As of the end of June, InCommon has 419 participants. We welcome these new participants to the InCommon community.
- Clarion University (www.clarion.edu)
- Dixie State College of Utah (www.dixie.edu)
- Harvard College (www.harvard.edu)
- Meredith College (www.meredith.edu)
- Morgan State University (www.morgan.edu)
- Pace University (www.pace.edu)
- Quinnipiac University (www.quinnipiac.edu)
- St. Olaf College (www.stolaf.edu)
- Smith College (www.smith.edu)
- Stevenson University (www.stevenson.edu)
- Tufts University (www.tufts.edu)
- University of Mississippi (www.olemiss.edu)
- Western Michigan University (www.wmich.edu)
- AppointLink Portal Solutions (www.appointlink.com)
- Evanced Solutions (www.evancedsolutions.com)
- LectureTools (www.lecturetools.com)
Evanced Solutions offers web-based library management solutions that streamline day-to-day library activities. D!BS, a mobile study room booking solution, allows students to find a study room by location, date, time, and more, then call “DIBS!” to reserve the space. Our event management products, Events and SignUp, help libraries easily build online calendars, manage registration, and run reports. Room Reserve and Spaces, our space and equipment management solutions, can assist your faculty and students with equipment booking, room and lab management, and even information instruction requests. D!BS meets the requirements of the InCommon Community. Events and Room Reserve offer LDAP, Patron API and SIP2 authentication. View D!BS at http://dibs.evanced.info/ and our full line of products at http://www.evancedsolutions.com