Centralized access management at its finest
InCommon Grouper School
This training workshop focuses on learning and using core features of the InCommon Trusted Access Platform packaged Grouper software to implement the access control models described in the Grouper Deployment Guide.
The sessions include a mix of self-paced learning, lectures, hands-on training, and discussion.
The modules start with Grouper basics and progress through new features, access governance, security model, and administration. Read the related blog post and watch a full interview about the Grouper School with Chris Hyzer of the University of Pennsylvania.
What to Expect
- A virtual class, spanning four half days to reduce video conferencing fatigue
- Synchronous sessions will be scheduled durining the week of class from 12:00 – 5:00 ET
- Pre-work for the workshop (self paced content hosted in our LMS beginning one week before the live sessions)
- Complete the Grouper 101 modules
- Test your shiny new course VM
- Ask our faculty questions in the dedicated class Slack channel
- Allow ~ 16 hours to complete this prework
- Meeting up to 40 new friends from campuses and research organizations across the globe
- Direct access to Grouper developers, who double as our faculty. Don’t be shy with your questions!
- Gain experience with the Docker container version of Grouper
- Learn how to implement to implement access governance with Grouper
Knowledge of identity management concepts and related implementation experience is strongly recommended.
- Grouper Basics (101)
- Grouper Advanced Features
- What’s new in Grouper 2.5
- Grouper Access Governance (201)
- Grouper Security Model (211)
- Grouper Administration (301)
- Access Governance Practicum (401)
- IAM discussion – answering your questions
Preparing for Grouper School
Detailed preparation instructions will be available and distributed prior to the class.
- You need to set aside at least 16 hours prior to the first day of class to complete the assigned pre-work in our LMS. You’ll have access to your VM and the class materials one week prior to the live Zoom sessions. You should also get comfy with the Grouper Deployment Guide during this time.
- You will need to have either an RDP client (for Windows) or SSH client (for Linux), plus root access to modify your etc/host files, depending on your choice of operating system for this class.
- The training makes use of Virtual Machines (VMs), in this case derived from Amazon Marketplace Images (AMI) loaded on Amazon Web Services. The training team will provide access instructions when you arrive for the first day of the training.
- You will need root/administrator access on the computer you will be bringing to class so that you can modify the local hosts file.
- Your VM will be not only be available during the training, it will stay intact for two weeks after the training. At that point, the VM will no longer exist – be sure to save anything you need within two weeks of the end of the training.
|Collaboration Success Program Alumni||InCommon Participant||Non-Participant|
|Early Bird Rate*||$1,500||$1,800||$2,300|
* Early Bird Rates will be available.
Payment, Cancellation and Refund Policy