Get first-hand experience with packaged service and identity providers
What is Shibboleth?
Shibboleth provides Single Sign-On that allows local, distributed, and cloud services to make informed authorization decisions for individual access of protected online resources in a privacy-preserving manner.
Get Started with Shibboleth
Workshop Registration is OpenJoin Us!
Looking to deploy InCommon-ready Shibboleth Service and Identity Providers in a way that’s easy to install and manage? Want first-hand experience with the world of containers and how they can make your life easier? Plan to join us for the next InCommon Shibboleth Installation Workshop.
This virtual workshop (which will be capped at 40 attendees) will focus on the InCommon Trusted Access Platform packaged software — including configuration and operation. Both the Identity and Service Provider packages can be pre-configured to integrate out of the box with the InCommon Federation using recommended defaults.
Thinking about modernizing your operations? Join us and learn about the DevOps approach to managing your development and operations and how you can use the Docker containerized version of the software to streamline your work load. All of the training is done on a AWS-based virtual machine (VM) in our training environment, so you won’t need to know the details about containers.
You will learn:
- how to deploy InCommon-ready Shibboleth Service and Identity Providers in a way that’s easy to install and manage
- how to modernize your development and operations through the DevOps approach
- about the world of containers and how they can make your life easier
What to expect:
- Hands-on configuration and operation of the identity provider and service provider software
- Experienced trainers providing overviews and one-on-one help
- Discussions on configuration and suggested practices for federation
The workshops will offer the chance to:
- Install prototype Shibboleth identity and service provider containers in our training environment
- Gain experience with the Docker container version of the Shibboleth IdP and SP
- Discuss how to configure and run the software in production
- Discuss integration with other identity management components
Knowledge of identity management concepts and related implementation experience is strongly recommended.
The Fine Print
December 1 – 4, 2020
- this virtual class is a blend of self-paced learning and synchronous office hours with our faculty, using Canvas
- there is very limited pre-work; students will be contacted with instructions on enrolling in the Canvas course and joining a private Slack channel for the course
- students will complete daily assignments with lab exercises and join live office hours (from 11:00 am- 1:00pm ET Tuesday – Friday) to ask questions and share progress.
- opportunities for one-to-one support for students to discuss class exercises with instructors
- the course will use Canvas, Zoom, and Slack to enable seamless collaboration between instructors and students
- access to student VMs and the class Slack channel will remain intact for two weeks after the class
- access to all other course materials will remain intact for three months after the class
|Collaboration Success Program Alumni||InCommon Participant||Non-Participant|
|Early Bird Rate*||$1,500||$1,800||$2,300|
* Early Bird Rates available until November 13, 2020
Ready to Enroll?
Payment, Cancellation and Refund Policy
All cancellations received on or before 11:59 PM EST on Friday, November 27, 2020 are entitled to a full conference refund less a $20 administrative fee. There will be no refunds after this date. If you cancel after 11:59 PM EST on Friday, November 27, 2020 and have not paid by any other means, your credit card will be charged the cost of the registration fee. If you cancel your registration after 11:59 PM EST on Friday, November 27, 2020 you may name another person from your organization to take your place for meetings that allow transferred registrations. To cancel, transfer, or make changes to your registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank You.