Subscribing to eduroam
1. Determine your eligibility for eduroam
Research and Education - Any U.S.-based research organization or education-related institution can join the InCommon eduroam roaming wireless service. This includes non-profit colleges and universities, museums, libraries, research labs, K-12 schools, and others. If you aren't sure if you are eligible, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizations outside of Research and Education - Any company or organization based in the U.S. can offer eduroam as a wireless access point (sometimes called a Service Provider. For more information about being an eduroam SP in the U.S., contact ANYROAM (the organization contracted by Internet2 to operate the U.S. eduroam infrastructure).
Please note: You do not have to join InCommon or Internet2 in order to subscribe to eduroam.
2. Contact Us with your interest
Email email@example.com to let us know of your interest in subscribing to eduroam.
3. Sign Up for eduroam
Internet2 is conducting a community review of the new Connector Agreement to enusre that it meets the needs of our research and education community. The agreement will be available in mid-May. Once released, this community-reviewed document will be available here and will be required of all eduroam subscribers in the U.S.
4. Determine your eduroam subscription Fee
- One-time Registration Fee - There is a $700 one-time registration fee for all eduroam subscribers, including Internet2 members. However, if your institution signs the agreement with no changes, we will waive this fee. We may also waive the fee for changes that are mandated by state law, as determined by Internet2.
- Internet2 Higher Education members do not pay the eduroam subscription fees; eduroam is available as a member benefit to those organizations. Internet2 Higher Education members still must sign a Connector Agreement.
- Subscription Fees for organizations that are not Internet2 Higher Education members
- $0.10 (10 cents) per user per year, based on the "total enrollment" number from your IPEDS data (http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds). The minimum annual fee is $400.
- Organizations without IPEDS data will be billed based on the self-reported total number of students or employees
- Once an organization signs the Connector Agreement (which will be available in mid-May 2017), Internet2 will invoice paying subscribers for the new 2017 Initial Term and for 2016. Those that joined eduroam in 2016 will be billed for the number of days the service was active.
5. Complete the eduroam connector request form
6. Connect to eduroam!